Friday 11 May 2012

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I have had a number of audience feedback about my coursework, which includes my music video, my digipak and my magazine advertisement. At the start of this project, I decided that my target audience would be from ages 16-24 as they will be likely to be exposed to the types of feelings I am portraying in my music video.

I have received audience feedback from people in various forms for example, through text messaging and blackberry messenger, also, through webcam videos and “Audience Feedback” sheets. Feedback is critical and important throughout the process of creating something for my target audience, as I need to see if the audience like it and if not, then what can I do to improve. Most feedback was positive, however, of course some were not, and actions were taken in order to please the audience.

My friend from school has watched my video grow and develop, and she gave me some feedback when I showed her what I was doing with my video in terms of adding lyrics.

I like your video, but there is just one thing I would change. I think the lyrics are a good idea to add to your music video, but you should make them move so that it’s not too boring and the viewers are not bored.”- Lauren Chard.

Lauren is an eighteen year old student, but is not a Media Studies student therefore she does not know how much effort the video took, but what I gained from this is that she liked the video as a whole without understanding the technical processes which my music video had undergone. This piece of feedback I believe was key, due to the fact that only a small population of my target audience will have worked on editing music videos, therefore they do not take in to consideration the hard work, they are just honest and if the music video occupies them, then the video is a success, and if the video does not, then I would need to make changes accordingly. After receiving that advice, I added animations to my lyrics, and made them move and changed the fonts of them, attracting the audience.



My best Samantha Kent sent me a BlackBerry Message through messenger after seeing my final video on facebook, which I took a picture of in order to give evidence of her feedback. Samantha is also a Media Studies student from another school. I believe that Samantha was telling the truth about how she feels regarding my music video, due to the fact that she did not have to message me telling me how she liked it, yet she did. This made me realise that my target audience did like my video, as she is eighteen years old. The screenshot of Samantha’s feedback is also above.




Emily Hines gave me feedback on my digipak and magazine advertisement through an email, which is shown above. She made me realise that the constant theme I was trying to portray had been recognised by her, which gave me a sense of satisfaction as that is what I was trying to do. She also recognised the fact on the thank you page I wanted the thank you’s to be feel as though they were direct and personal. The only criticism is that the magazine advertisement is quite plain, which is what I was going for, as I didn’t want it to be too busy, so it would put the readers off, however I take in to consideration her comments, and as her being my target audience, I understand that not everyone would want such a simple magazine advertisement.


Sarah Carter is an eighteen year old Media Student, she filled out an Audience Feedback form for me which is displayed below. She made me realise I would need to clearly show that the shots differ from the good times and the bad times of the relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment